On Friday 10th February, the LIH organised a training on how to increase value and reduce waste in research.
17 researchers and research nurses participated at the interactive training course held by the research nurse Anne-Marie Hanff from the Clinical and Epidemiological Investigation Center (CIEC) currently studying Nursing Sciences.
The training was related to the Lancet Series 2014 on research waste and the recommendations given. The following topics have been addressed:
• Consequences of bad science
• How research waste can be avoided when research priorities are set
• Increasing value in research design, conduct and analysis
• The importance of unbiased and usable research reports
• The role of fully accessible research information.
Healthcare professionals who wish to be part of a unique network, providing access to up-to-date, accurate and validated information about clinical research.
Investigators and study staff who wish to be part of a unique network, in order to stay abreast of clinical trials taking place in Luxembourg and who are willing to further develop their competencies.